Sunday, January 30, 2011

Growing up


Well, Last year at this time I was packing for a trip to Colorado. So much has changed in just 12 months! I'm almost a different person, I'm at a different place in my life, I know different people, I'm doing different things. I guess this is all part of growing up.
I was listening to my senior speech recently, and I had forgotten what I had said. but I talked about how no matter what I was doing if it was what God wanted me to do, and I was giving him all the glory, then I would be content. There was/is no highway option. And there really isn't in the bible, God is very straight forward about this is how things are, I should be number one...the end. And yet somehow I always forget this one thing. I remember all the other stuff, but the whole God being Numeral Uno is just something that slips my mind so often! Right before I watched myself delivering this speech I had been complaining about my job and how I think it stinks, and my boss doesn't really like me I think, and all the people I had to deal with. After I watched it I was a little bit like: "open mouth...insert foot". But its true, we lose sight of our goals, and things as time passes. When I was younger (...we're talking like 12,) I wanted so badly to be a Airline Pilot, Clearly God had other plans. But I really wanted that. REALLY...REALLY wanted it. And I feel like lately I haven't wanted anything like how I wanted that. It makes me a little sad that I've lost my fire, my ambition to go out there and do something!

"According to my earnest expectation and hope, that in nothing shall I be put to shame, but that with all boldness, as always, so now also Christ shall be magnified in my body, whether by life, or by death." Philippans 1:20

This kind of outlook on life is easy to go around saying. I mean, in my speech this is the verse I used to show that God will make me content, and yet here I am 2 years later and I am having issues with it. To the point where I forget that this is what I had my heart set on.
God has so many plans for me, most of which I don't understand or could even hope to see yet.

"[I pray] that the perception of your mind may be enlightened so you may know what is the hope of His calling, what are the glorious riches of His inheritance among the saints," Ephesians 1:18

This is what God has for me, an Inheritance among the Saints.
This is something that God has been showing me in the past year. I would have never been up for this kind of thing a year ago. I wouldn't have understood it. Which I guess is why God gives us little bits of wisdom when we are open to them. Because someone could have told me this like 5 years ago....I didn't get it then, I get it now.
His timing really is best. It's all part of growing up, both in age and maturity.


Also, on a completely different note, I cannot figure out the whole font thing on here. So....that is why it kinda looks weird. No it isn't your eyes, don't go to the Doctor...your eyes are fine. It's my ignorance of this program. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment