Sunday, January 16, 2011

So I was in my brother in laws sunday school class today, and He was doing a short study on Acts. Well, I happen to have learned a lot.

Acts 1:11 says: “They said, ‘Men of Galilee, why do you stand looking up into heaven? This Jesus, who has been taken from you into heaven, will come in the same way that you have seen Him going into Heaven.”

The part that struck me was these Men in white clothes (vs 10) came down to find the deciples staring into Heaven where Jesus had just gone. And they brought the Deciples back down to earth. Like yeah, that was cool, but there is still stuff to do here!

And sometimes I know I get caught up in what just happened...or what is going on right now that I just stare. When really I should be in there.


The other thing that really got me thinking was Acts 4:20 which says: “For we are unable to stop speaking about what we have seen and heard.”

HOLY COW!! This is what they said to the people that were questioning them! We have all seen God’s hand moving, and yet we are able to speak of other things. I feel like all charged up and ready to fight! Bring it SATAN! =)

Yes, I just said Bring it to Satan. =)


So also today, I didn't think I'd make it up the hill....the very little hill from my house. Tis true, I almost didn't make it. Then at 9:30 this morning it was almost a white out. And at noon it was so sunshine-ee that I needed sunglasses. And tonight it ended up being a wonderful sunset....wonderful = you could see it. Oh Syracuse weather. =)

And my hands are freezing all the time. Ugh! I can't go walking around with gloves on all the time either. This is truly a dilemma.

No comments:

Post a Comment